Website – http://www.cocoonhouse.org/index
Mission – Cocoon House fosters personal growth and healthy relationships to strengthen and empower at-risk and homeless youth and their families.
- Established in 1991, Cocoon House has been Snohomish County’s only resource exclusively serving homeless and at-risk youth ages 13-17.
- Cocoon House provides youth housing and other critical community -based services to youth, caregivers, families and the community.
- Since inception we have increased shelter space by 350% and now house more than 230 youth each year.
- In addition, through street outreach, prevention, education and a youth drop-in resource center, they reach over 1,000 youth, parents, and community members annually.
Who are they trying to reach?
Cocoon House also has a couple social media channels it utilizes to reach their target audience. This target audience includes at risk youth, parents of at risk youth, individual donors, companies working with the United Way, volunteers, and social workers looking for employment opportunities. Their social media profiles include:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/CocoonHouse
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/user/cocoonhouse1
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/Cocoon_House
Does it look like they follow a content calendar?
For their Facebook account, they post almost every single day. Looks like a general status update regarding recent events happening at Cocoon House related to the children or ways in which their target audience can get involved. They also post event information approximately 4-5 times a year. Their Twitter account follows a very similar content calendar as their Facebook posts. In regards to their Youtube channel, it does not appear that they follow a content calendar. They utilize YouTube mainly as an online storage space for video content that they display on their website or post on Facebook and Twitter.
How many people contribute to the social channels?
Since they only have approximately 1 post per day on their Facebook and Twitter accounts, I would assume they have 1 staff member responsible for updating and maintaining their social media accounts. When they utilize YouTube, they have other people creating professional media for them or their organization is being featured in a news article.
What is the message they are getting across?
Their overall message is that through social services that focus on empowering youth, they can help young people now before the endless cycle of homelessness continues throughout adulthood. Most of their posts highlight the activities they put on as well as the services they provide. They also help spread awareness regarding statistics of homeless youth in Snohomish County and allude to why so many youth find themselves in situations that require Cocoon House’s services. Finally,